Saturday, April 10, 2010

WEEK 3 TUTORIAL - INDEPENDENT STUDY (ARTWORK & TEXTURES)



Piccinini Living/Breathing Studio













Swallow's 'Inner Dome'












The 'transition' floor













Hairy Texture - To me hair is a uniquely biological feature and that is why I have tied it in with Piccinini’s Evolved Studio. My aim was to further develop this feeling of the studio being a living/breathing entity. Obviously this is a 2D texture in sketchup but it real life I would like it to be real human hair – something I think Piccinini appreciate very much.













Rough Texture - The inner dome of Swallows Studio represents his inner personality which the rest of the world never sees. I chose to apply the rough texture as I wanted to highlight how his most perfect ideas might be a bit rough at the beginning but as they move away from Swallow ‘Inner Dome’ they become more and more perfect until they are eventually christened on the hyped perfection of the Pop Stair leading out of the studio.













Fuzzy Texture- The Fuzzy Texture has been applied to the ground floor to represent the transition from one of the artist’s studios to the other. Both artists are distinctly different and I wanted to visually portray this by being a little literal and applying this texture to the main feature which facilitates this transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment